St. Maarten/St. Martin is a beautiful 37 square mile island located in the Leeward Islands part of the Lesser Antilles chain. Sint Maarten is the Dutch side, and Saint Martin is the French side – this can get confusing and so some people just use SXM to refer to the island: the IATA identifier for Princess Juliana International Airport.
Villa Caribbean Jewel is located on the Dutch side (110 voltage).
Places to find more information about SXM are:
- Dutch St. Maarten — St. Maarten Tourist Bureau
- French Saint Martin — Saint Martin Tourist Office
- Princess Juliana International Airport, St. Maarten — Official site
- Saint Martin — Saint Martin Tourist guide
- Birds of St. Martin – by Eric Dubois-Millot, Action Nature.
- Radio Calypso — Saint Martin Radio Station
- Island 92 Radio — Sint Maarten Radio Station
- Nature Foundation of St. Maarten
- SXM Private Eye
- SXM Forum at Travel Talk Online
- Cruise Ship Schedule (i.e. know when to avoid P’burg)
- An American in SXM (SXM blogger)
- SXM Survival – various bits of info about the island